Wednesday, November 23, 2005

My Little Black Book



I want to whinge.

Mr JS came in today with a sore RHS mandible everytime he bites down. He said his 46 was RCT'ed few years ago and has never feel right, and that it'd split and the dentist had put a cap on it. I'd a look but couldn't find anything wrong with 46. None of the teeth are TTP or sensitive to hot/cold. Took a PA. Still nothing. So I checked the teeth with a crack finder and sure enough 47 was tender when he bite down, but I couldn't see any crack. Big chunk of MO amalgam. Not good, I thought, so I told him what could have happened and discussed Tx options. We decided to remove the amalgam and go from there.

Sounds easy. But I forgot something is probably very wrong with Mr JS's mind. I'd totally forgotten about the 27 with a temporary filling, and why I'd left a temporary in there.

Mr JS could not be anaesthetised. For some unknown reasons he just couldn't. He would jump out of the chair even before the bur touch his tooth and said it hurts even though his lip felt fat and puffy, a sign of mandibular block. Everytime he did that my blood pressure would go through the roof. What a big sook. I wanted to slap him and tell him to stop being such a wuss.

It suddenly dawned on me why that temporary was there. I'd the same problem 2 months ago. When I shoved the sickle probe into his gum and caused massive bleeding without him noticing he wouldn't jump, but as soon as I pick up that bur he would cry it hurts like hell, even when the bur was more than 3cm away from his tooth.

After suffering 15 bouts of hypertension and an hour later I finally got rid of the damn amalgam. Good riddance. There is no crack. He probably have microscopic cracks in that tooth but who cares. At this stage I couldn't even dry his tooth with cold air without him screaming his lungs off and cursing me. I decided my mental well being is more important than giving Mr JS optimum Tx, so in goes the FUJI IX and Mr JS out the door.

I told Matt what happened, and that I'm going to have a Little Black Book and Mr JS will have the honour of being on top of the list. Apart from psychos the like of Mr JS all those who don't turn up for their appointments without a good enough reason will go into the Black Book too and when I've my own practice I'll have a notice board with their mugshots which says "These people are banned from the practice". Matt shuddered and said remind me not to piss you off.
I was pissed, not because he was such a useless piece of shit, but because he was so rude and nasty.

I like to whinge. I feel much better now.

6 Comments:

Blogger vagus said...

that picture gives me the shivers.

24/11/05 10:16 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahah.. sounds like someone that has neurogolical disorder.. atypical neuralgia? trigeminal neuralgia?
in goes Fuji 1X? another temp?
muahaha..
he'll back i can assure you..haha
good post btw..good luck on nutty patients :P

25/11/05 12:41 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the answer to your question in my blog is yes.
i don't wanna make that obvious on my blog, in case my patients read that

25/11/05 12:55 am  
Blogger Dentist Down Under said...

I think he's just too anxious, or he likes to entertain himself by making dentist's life difficult. Either way he's blacklisted, I'll make sure he doesn't come back. :p

30/11/05 9:27 pm  
Blogger ej. said...

how come people in hollywood have such big pearly whites??? i mean at 60++ how can you have such big huge ass pearly whites!??? i would expect the teeth to be coffee and smoke stained...

are they implants?? or dentures?

2/12/05 5:13 am  
Blogger Dentist Down Under said...

Gosh Looney how did u find me here :p To answer your question, the yanks seem to like BIG (and I mean BIG!!!), square, bleach white teeth whiter than your porcelaine toilet bowl can get so those Hollywood teeth you see are not the natural teeth coz (surprise surprise) teeth are naturally *drumroll* yellowish!. They are either:
1) crowns
2) veneers
3) implants
Don't think they would want to wear dentures. Dentures should be banned. :p

2/12/05 7:07 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home