Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Pus oozing out from gum Wooohoooo!




My fav dental assistant in Mount Isa always get very excited whenever she sees pus and she would get pretty upset if I drain an abscess when she's not around. This clip is for you Paula. :p If you look carefully you can see the pus oozing out from the gum, how exciting! The tooth could move a lot more than what was shown in the clip. I didn't dare to move it too much for fear it'll fall out! -_-"

As soon as Mr D sat in the chair he pushed his tooth forward to show me the extend of movement. The tooth was parallel to the ground, I was shocked that it hasn't fall out. He was told he had periodontitis aka gum disease 3 yrs ago and it took him 3 yrs to decide that he wanted to save his teeth. A bit too late now. All his teeth have Grade III mobility, it's a wonder he still have them.

My friend HC asked me yesterday what would happen if he leaves his gum disease untreated. WTF. You're a medical doctor, what would happen if you leave an infection untreated??? DUH! I really don't understand why ppl seem to think that the mouth is a seperate entity and anything that happens in the mouth stays in the mouth, is isolated and totally unrelated to the rest of the body. Sheesh. Well buddy sorry to disappoint you but it doesn't work this way. I told him his teeth will fall out. He didn't believe me. See for it yourself.

4 Comments:

Blogger Dr. Mommy, D.D.S. said...

i guess your friend hasn't read the literature linking untreated periodontal disease to coronary artery disease. although lately i've been hearing buzz refuting the link, that it doesn't exist.

so i guess people can now leave gum disease untreated witout worry, right?

mmmm...pus!

8/2/07 12:25 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow, cool video!

8/2/07 4:20 am  
Blogger RAY O'SUNSHINE said...

i love your blog!!

16/2/07 10:30 am  
Blogger Pam said...

I have given kudos to your blog on my own blog, http://dailyfemale.blogspot.com as an incentive for people to visit their dentist regularly and take care of their teeth.

22/2/07 3:45 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home