Saturday, November 26, 2005

Terrorist?


Someone please enlighten me, how the hell can someone hijack a plane with nail clippers???

I can imagine the following scenario:
Terrorist grabs a fellow passenger as hostage
Terrorist: Nobody move!
Hostage: (trembles) Help....help me!
Terrorist whips out a pair of nail clippers
Terrorist: (waves nail clippers in air) Get back to your seat! I want to speak to the Captain! Or else...or else...
(stunned look on passengers' face)
Terrorist: Or else I'll clip his nails!
Hostage faints

I went down to Brisbane during the weekend for my compulsory CE (yeah right, it was just an excuse to get away and claim tax deduction :p). The security officer at the airpot custom found a pair of scissors in my computer bag, Oooops. He was pretty cool about it and said I could either throw it away or hide it somewhere and retrieve it when I get back. If that happens in the US I think I'll be locked up and sent to Guantanamo Bay. :\

Anyway, speaking of airport security, on my previous trip to Brisbane I'd forgotten to take out my trusted Swiss army knife from my backpack. The security officer put my backpack through the x-ray machine twice and 3 times after I took the PS2 out and in the end they didn't even bother to open up my backpack and just waved me through. When I got to Brisbane I realised I'd the knife in there. My confidence in airport security has gone down the drain ever since. So there they are busy confiscating nail clippers from frail 70 years old lady with walking stick and near blind eyesight while they let me through with my Swiss army knife and hot pepper spray. The picture was taken in the toilet of a Qantas flight, I'd done it not just once, but several times, even on international flights.

Increase airport security??? My foot. Just an excuse for some greedy ppl to raise fees and charges.





1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Once when flying to a rural placement, I accidently left a full lab kit in my carryon back pack. Don't ask me why I had a lab kit, but it had everything. Scalpels, screw drivers, wire being forceps...when it went through the x-ray scanner the security guy looked like he was going to have a stroke.

16/1/07 6:42 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home