Thursday, December 29, 2005

2006Travel Plan


It feels like it was only yesterday when they were born. I still remember the morning when XG chucked Bluey in my room and left. Now they're running everywhere (when mum's not looking). I've found a home for Bluey, well his name is not Bluey, he doesn't have a name but since he looks like a Blue Heeler that's what I call him for now. He'll be going to a property near the beach. I wish I could keep him but the bloody council only allows maximum 2 dogs per house. :( At least I'll have one less worry when I go away on holiday. Their mum's unplanned pregnancy already ruined my Christmas getaway, but then again I wouldn't change anything if given the chance.

It's almost 2006. Most ppl would be drawing up their New Year resolution. I've given up on that ages ago. :p Why bother when I'm not gonna do anything abt it. :p However I do have a tentative travel plan for next year. I love travelling, can never get enough of it. Since I pay so much tax I might as well make full use of it and coincide my holidays with work-related stuff hehe. Oh and the late Mr Kerry Packer has just became my hero as of yesterday, here's why.

2006 Travel Plan

1) 17th Jan Brisbane to observe prosthodontist Dr. Boulton do veneer preps (I've to admit I've no idea how to do it. I've only read it in books but it's different to actually see someone does it. I'd to turn patients away because I'm too ethical to use them as guinea pigs ;p and my boss doesn't do veneers :( )

2) 1st - 10th April Singapore IDEM (Yeah right as if I gonna turn up. My old hag cousin in Singapore is finally getting married. Everyone thought she's gonna stay single and miserable for the rest of her life coz she's too picky and all of a sudden she announced her engagement HA this is one wedding I cannot miss)

3) 21st - 25th April Lord Howe Island ( This is not exactly tax deductible but I'll see what I can come up with hehe.)

4) 26th May - 1st June ADX Melbourne and Nobel BioCare Surgical & Prosthodontic Training (Kill 2 birds with 1 stone. I can start buying toys at the Australian Dental Expo for my practice and learn how to do implants at my alma mater wooohoooo!)

5) 21st Sept - 1st Oct 2006 FDI World Dental Congress Shenzhen, China (This'll probably end up being a 2 weeks trip :D)

While looking at the various dental event calendars online I came across Sea Courses Cruises. Some smartarse health professionals in the US had started a business organizing continuing education programmes on cruise ships! I shall start saving up and go on one of those cruises hehe.


4 Comments:

Blogger Flatfeet said...

How u managed to take this almost perfect pic of Xiao Lan (blue), Xiao pang (fat) and xiao bai together? I wanna bao bao them!!Cuddles****

29/12/05 11:26 pm  
Blogger Dentist Down Under said...

They were still trying to walk so they couldnt run away very fast hehe. I just took them out of their prison cell and "arranged" them hehe You can see XG's tail at the top left hand corner she's an attention seeker and tried to get into the pic

30/12/05 7:10 am  
Blogger Dentist Down Under said...

rob: No you can't get 100% tax deduction if a portion of your travel is for leisure. E.g. if the conference lasts 2 days and you're there for 4 days you can only claim 50% of your expenses. For me I'm lucky I live in regional area and I always have to transit somewhere, usually I need to stay overnight in capital city in order to catch the next flight thus giving me extra time to explore the place hehe

30/12/05 9:24 am  
Blogger Dentist Down Under said...

rob: Besides it's not my fault that I can't make it back on the same day due to the limited number of flights to where I live (yes yes just blame the government :p)

30/12/05 9:28 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home