Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Happy Birthday to Me

I was heating up the duck egg for lunch when the microwave door burst open. ;( Stupid me, I should've slice the eggs. ;(


Speaking of duck eggs, I'm getting more and more frustrated by the foreign workers the local meatwork brought in. Many ppl are protesting, claiming that these foreign workers are stealing Aussie jobs. I don't agree with them. If I'm an employer and I've a choice between someone who would work their arse off 24/7 and not whinge or someone who demands high pay but wouldn't work harder of course I would choose the hardworking ones. Those ppl who're unemployed, stop blaming the foreign workers, get your fat arse off the couch and start looking for a job and work hard to keep it. If you are good enough I don't see why they wouldn't hire you.

However, what annoys me is that these foreign workers don't speak a word of English. How the hell are they going to learn all the Workplace Health & Safety craps??? They can't even read the traffic signs. Thank goodness most of them are on their bicycles and not driving.

Anyway, I'd nothing against them. They're here doing shitty jobs that most Aussies wouldn't want to do. However I noticed the duck eggs at the market have disappeared. They always sold out before I get there. On top of that, the kangkung had MIA too. So I decided to get to the market much earlier. I got up at 5am on a Sunday morning and thought I would be the first one at the market but when I got there holy cow the foreign workers were already there and they wiped out all the duck eggs and kangkung before I could park my car.

I don't care if they're "stealing" our jobs, but now they're "stealing" my food. This is getting personal. Hmph.

5 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

*Hi-5* to you DDU re: the foreign worker situation. I have thought that many times whenever some Aussie whinges about that, when they are using fake IDs to squeeze every penny from "the government" which translates to people paying high taxes like us!!! At my old clinic, I used to treat 'voucher patients' some of whom even drive a nicer car than my hubby even though they are on social support.

What do you do with duck eggs??? I only eat the salted ones. I can understand fully about kang kong. Pity I can't find that where I am. I still have belacan ready though for when I get kang kung on trips to sydney :)

I can't understand dentists who do 1 visit RCT *especially* if there is existing periapical pathology. I want to know that the area is bug-free and has healed before I stick anything else in and declare it treatment complete!

2/6/06 11:48 pm  
Blogger Dentist Down Under said...

Rachel you are back!!! :D
The foreign workers have brought this town to national tv twice now hurhur the Current Affairs came up to film the story last week. I think the meatworkers went on strike and for dunno what reason the meatwork closed down for a while but when they reopened these ppl weren't rehired and the meatwork brought in truckloads of foreign workers. If I'm the employer I would do the same thing too, if I can pay the same money and have someone who actually works and not go on strike or protest why not.

I know some ppl who quit their apprenticeship because "it's too much work and the money is crap" and now they complain employers wouldn't offer apprenticeship to them. Hullo you are being paid to learn something how can you expect to get very high pay! You don't see the university paying their students to study. DUH!!!

As for the duckie eggs I couldnt get salted ones here but I noticed this Chinese couple sell them at the market so I decided to make some myself. They sat in the fridge for a while (been too lazy to do it) but when I came home one day I saw my housemate boiling them thinking they were chicken eggs :/ guess what duck eggs taste nicer than chicken eggs. The yolk is smoother and bigger (also higher in cholestrol ;p).

Ppl do 1 visit RCT for money. This Pommie did 1 visit RCT and restoration in 1 hr, pocketing $700++. If you only do the first stage in 1 visit you only pocket $200. Pt was from out of town so they make a 1 hr appointment for her in case there're other works that need to be done. So for the same amount of time spent why not do it in one go. ;( Ppl like her should be banned from working in Australia.

3/6/06 11:20 am  
Blogger Dentist Down Under said...

I wouldn't even do the expensive restoration e.g. crown after I've done obturation. I normally restore with Fuji IX or composite (free of charge) and wait for 6 months to make sure everything's ok before I place a crown. Funny thing is if you tell them they can't have it now they keep coming back and ask when can I have it.

3/6/06 11:25 am  
Blogger Rachel said...

Hehe I agree with you! I normally tell them to wait too! To see that any radiolucency has dissappeared. I try to explain that the crown is like the "safety helmet" for the tooth now that it has no blood supply and poorer proprioception. And they do ask when they can have it and ask for a reminder for 6 months time! :D There is hope for some of the members of the general public after all!

5/6/06 11:29 pm  
Blogger Piffles said...

happy belated birthday! =D

8/6/06 12:41 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home