Tuesday, April 04, 2006

I hate dentists

I have had the following conversation many times:

Patient: No offence but I don't like dentists.
Me : Uh huh.
Pt : I hate dentists.
Me : Ah ok.
Pt : Don't take it personally.
Me : What is it about dentists you don't like?
Pt : Pain

Me : During or after treatment?
Pt : Umm.....well....
Me : So anaesthetic doesn't work for you?
Pt : Well, OK, it doesn't hurt during treatment.
Me : Afterwards, then?
Pt : No, no, I'm fine then.
Me : Before?
Pt : Yes.
Me : Ah!
Pt : What?
Me : Oh, nothing....it's just that you'd pain before you visit the dentist, well, that's not our fault, technically.....it's your fault! Plus, it's probably in your head. You're a loony.

OK, that last bit is not true, I just think that, but won't it be nice if I can say it out loud and won't get into trouble? ;p

My DA is going on a road trip to Mount Isa this Easter. I used to work out there. She said I can come along if I want. I am so tempted. I kinda miss that place. It's in the middle of no where, dusty and hot like hell, but it's so peaceful, and ppl're so friendly. If it wasn't for my arsehole ex-boss (curse him) I would still be living there. If I MIA during Easter you know where I am. :D

1 Comments:

Blogger Dr. Mommy, D.D.S. said...

hah! it's like they think when they say something like that, it's going to make it hurt less.

you are so right on. the things that run through my mind when i see some people...

17/4/06 7:54 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home