Thursday, January 12, 2006

Can I pay by credit card?

This is the 4th time I received another bill from Henry Schein. I bought some whitening gel costing $180.72 for a friend last year. He sent them a money order of $180.70 because there's no 1 cent denomination in Australia. My DA told me to ignore them the first time I got the bill coz according to her "they'll most likely close the account". But Henry Schein wouldn't give up and kept sending me the bill to tell me to pay up. Don't they realise it actually costs them much more in postage in order to recover that 2 cents??? I think the paper itself already cost 10 cents. Sheesh.


Today I finally remember to call them. I told the lady I want to pay my account and would like to pay by credit card. She took my credit card details and asked

"How much would you like to pay?"
"2 cents"
"WHAT?????????"
"2 cents"
"No you can't pay that"
"Why not?"
"It's gonna cost us more in fees" (yes buddy I think you already spent $10 sending me a bill every month)
"So what do I do?"
"You can pay together with your next purchase"

Yeah sure I don't think so miss my friend bought 50 syringes of whitening gel I think that could last him another 5 years unless I start my own business right now. At the mean time they can keep sending me the bill. :p

4 Comments:

Blogger WIST said...

two cents!! hahaha.. that is hilarious! yeahh.. postage wudve cost alot more than 2cents.. this is absurd.. but so freaking funny haha..

15/1/06 11:18 pm  
Blogger Flatfeet said...

darling! This has happened to me before. Telstra thinks I owe them 20cents..and i can't Bpay and cannot credit card....so hor, i just go POST to pay ...errr, 20cents ;p

16/1/06 12:17 am  
Blogger Dr. Mommy, D.D.S. said...

is henry schein as overpriced and beaurocratic down under as it is in the states? nice to know that things are consistent world-wide.

try sending them 2 pennies (or the aussie equivalent) in an envelope and then see what they say. then send THEM a bill for the difference between the two cents and the postage you paid, and even better, threaten to sue if they don't ante up!

hah! take THAT!

i was once threatened buy a collections agency for failing to pay $3.78 on bloodwork i received while i was pregnant. don't these people have anything better to do?

16/1/06 6:33 am  
Blogger Rachel said...

Hehe I jsut found your blog today. cool how you blog about dental things. I can totally relate to your posts :) I once recieved a cheque for 30 cents haha silly companies and their need to make everything add up.

21/1/06 5:04 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home